Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A MOMENT IN TIME

Landing in Gallipoli- A Moment in Time

Whoosh whoosh, the water was hitting the sides of the boat. It was April 25 1915 the boats were going to war. The Anzacs wanted to land on the Gallipoli Peninsula and friend up with Britain to capture Constantinople but first we had to fight the Turks.

We were in boats. There were 200 other ships. We were all joking, talking and confident. After awhile we had to climb down rope ladders into row boats. The rope ladders were wobbly and rough.

In the rowboats I was squished and crowded. As we got nearer to shore I could hear really loud gun shots being fired. Then we had to jump into the

freezing water. It went up to our chests and our backpacks were really heavy so we nearly sunk. Then we had to throw our backpacks into our row boats.
As we jumped onto shore there was a hail of bullets raining on us. Then I heard screams from my team mates. I saw people dying and screaming for help.

I wondered,’Would we win?’           

1 comment: